When I became a Volunteer Doula for The Prison Birth Project in 2015, I never knew where this journey would take me. In the last four years, I have become an example of how passion and commitment to your purpose can enrich your life and the lives of others. I am a Full Time Doula, an Executive Director and now the creator of Birthing Advocacy Doula Trainings. I am proud to say the first BADT's online Full Spectrum Doula Training will be starting on June 4th, 2019!
I created this 12 week course with a few priorities in mind:
- Creating a training for aspiring, new and experienced doulas that not only went over basic doula practices and knowledge but included the current disparities, controversy and actions needed to create change in all aspects of birth.
- Creating a long term training that will allow participants to dig DEEP, build community and receive more content than a short term training.
- Building accessibility by offering the course completely online so participants would not have to purchase flights, hotel stays, etc.
- Creating affordability by including monthly and one time payment options.
- Creating a supportive, close-knit and radical community of doulas that are advocates, activist and change makers.
With all that being said and as you read further, I truly hope that you will decide to join the BADT's Full Spectrum Doula Training with full understanding that when you join this community that you are now part of a MOVEMENT.
-Sabia C. Wade, Full Spectrum Doula & Creator of BADT
- 12 Weeks
- 75 minute weekly webinar (recorded if you can't attend)
- Weekly lessons & assignments
- A private Facebook Community
- Completion of reading & video checklist
- Infant/Child CPR Certification
- 2 Hospital, Birth Center or Clinic Tours
- Assisting with a birth, abortion or 12 hours of postpartum care
- Attend a chestfeeding class or support group
- Written assessment of current local resources & resources needed
- Completion of written assignments
- Completion of a business strategy outline
- Participation in online Facebook community
Birthing Advocacy Doulas aren’t just talking about the changes that need to be made, we ARE the change!