In this class, we will:
- Discuss the meaning and importance of racism & privilege and its effects.
- Discuss our own privileges, the lens we see the world through & how it affects others.
- Learn the definition of “birth worker privilege” and the role it plays in our current birth environment.
- Discuss how racism & privilege plays a role in birth disparities, such as the black maternal and infant health disparities.
- Learn useful tools/processes, such as The CARE Method, for participants initiating or continuing work to advance conversations about racism & privilege at their own lives & organizations
- Discuss how to apply learning to participant's personal & professional life moving forward to create better access and experiences for everyone.
Week 1: Birth, Racism, Privilege & The Effects
Week 2: White Silence & The History of Racism in Birth
Week 3: The CARE Method
Week 4: Action & Commitment
- 4 Lessons (Preferably divided into 4 weeks)
- Pre-recorded 75 minute weekly webinar
- Weekly lessons & journal prompts
- A private Facebook Community
Who can participate in this training?
Anyone of any race, experience level and profession can join this course. You must be willing to learn, be open and make changes to create equality for all.
Will this class have any live webinars?
No, it will not. This course is pre-recorded, which allows us to decrease the pricing.
How long will I have access to this course?
You will have 1 year to complete this course.
What's your refund policy?
You can request a full refund up to five business days after paying for access to a course or workshop provided you have not yet accessed the materials. You will be charged a 20% administration fee. Any request for refunds after five business days following purchase, or once you have accessed the materials, if approved, will receive a credit which can be used towards a future BADT online course. In such cases, 20% of the course fee will be charged as an administration fee. This will only be granted if you have accessed less than 25% of the course. Credit expires after 12 months. BADT will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 calendar days of the day on which you requested it. While we make every effort to run courses as advertised, we reserve the right to change course content, assessment, dates and trainer/moderator. We also reserve the right to suspend any student who disrupts a course by his or her unacceptable behavior without a refund.